This mushroom and spinach tart recipe is an easy dinner or lunch tart, made decadent by creamy goat cheese and rich puff pastry. Mushroom and spinach is one of our favorite combos – My youngest daughter loves it topped on the puff pastry…she thinks it is a special kind of pizza! In all honesty, you could put anything on puff pastry, and I’d find it delectable. But I digress…
When making this mushroom and spinach tart recipe, I get the best results when I use baby spinach, as opposed to cooking spinach. If you plan to use cooking spinach, just be sure you de-stem before cooking it down.
Mushroom and Spinach Tart Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Flour a large surface and roll out the puff pastry to a 16x1o rectangle.
- Place the pastry on a baking sheet, and score the dough with a 1 inch boarder. Bake about 15 minutes. until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon heat of olive oil and saute onion over medium heat, for about ten minutes.
- In a large saucepan, heat remaining oil. Add mushrooms, and saute for about ten minutes. Stir in spinach, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes. Drain any liquid.
- Top puff pastry with mushroom spinach mixture. Spoon over onion and goat cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes.