Most banana bread recipes are bland and dry. Not this raisin walnut banana bread recipe! It uses lots of ripe banana, spices, and walnuts and raisins. There is a nice dose of B vitamins from the wheat germ, which is virtually undetectable. The result is a super moist banana bread that will keep you coming back for more. When making this raisin walnut banana bread recipe, you can also add 1/8 cup of flax seeds for extra nutrition.
Wrap it up, and give it as a tasty gift this holiday season! You can find inexpensive tins at the dollar store, and wrap up your bread in a festive clear wrap and bow. Just don’t forget to make one for yourself!
Raisin Walnut Banana Bread Recipe
- sugar - 2/3 cup
- flour - 1.5 cup
- lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
- eggs, beaten - 2
- baking powder - 2 1/4 teaspoon
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- cinnamon - 1 tablespoon
- all spice - 1 teaspoon
- wheat germ - 1/4 cup
- butter, softened - 5 tablespoons
- walnuts, chopped - 3/4 cup
- raisins - 3/4 cup
- medium sized ripe bananas, mashed - 5
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour an 8×5 loaf pan
- Stir the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, all spice, and wheat germ. Gently stir in walnuts and raisins.
- In another bowl, beat the butter, sugar, and lemon juice until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the mashed bananas and beaten eggs, and mix well.
- Slowly mix in the dry mixture.
- Pour batter into your loaf pan, and bake about 1 hour.