This vegan mushroom ragu recipe is great to top on rice, pasta, or potatoes. I often serve it with brown rice and garlic bread or a simple salad for the family.
Vegan Mushroom Ragu Recipe
- Prepare rice according to package instructions and set aside.
- In a skillet, saute onion, garlic, and peppers under low hear for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Add bay leaves, oregano, basil, and salt and pepper taste.
- Pour mixture into slow cooker. Cook on low for 5 hours.
- When done, warm up rice, and top with mixture.