This vegan quinoa salad recipe is perfect as a main dish or a side. I usually serve this with a simple fruit salad with whatever fruit I have on hand at the moment. Quinoa is a huge staple in our house. Mainly because it’s only one of a few vegetarian/vegan options that is considered a complete protein (contains all 9 essential amino acids.) This is important because our bodies can’t make these. We need to obtain them from food sources, and quinoa has them all. Another thing this mom loves about quinoa…it’s loaded with iron, B-vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, vitamin E, and fiber. Eat up kids!
Vegan Quinoa Salad Recipe
- Prepare quinoa according to directions, using veggie stock to boil instead of water. Set aside.
- While quinoa is cooking, squeeze juice from 1 lemon, and whisk in olive oil until well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently mix in arugula, spinach, mint, and cucumber.
- Next, mix in quinoa. Let stand 5 minutes until greens wilt.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and enjoy!