This vegan spinach and cannellini beans recipe is heavy on the spinach, which I try to serve at least once a week. It’s my go to for iron. Just one cup of cooked spinach has almost 40% of your daily FDA intake recommendation for iron. This is a very simple dinner, and very quick to make if you can prepare the rice ahead of time.
Vegan Spinach and Cannellini Beans Recipe
- Prepare rice according to directions and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, bring both and garlic to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until spinach is wilted.
- Add cannellini beans and tomato, and stir gently until heated through.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and toss with olive oil.
- Serve on top of a bed of rice.