This vegan tofu veggie stirfry recipe is one of my favorites. It’s the next best thing to take-out when I am craving a big bowl of noodles. When making this stir fry, you’ll want to pay extra attention to the tofu. The best thing about tofu is that it will soak up this delicious sauce – but even firm tofu can crumble if handled too harshly when incorporating other ingredients. Just remember to incorporate it gently when mixing into the sauce. I also find that the more water I can press out of the tofu, the more flavorful it becomes in this recipe. It is worth the extra few minutes to press out the excess water with paper towels.
Vegan Tofu Veggie Stirfry Recipe
- fettucine or udon noodles - 1 box
- veggie stock - 1.5 cups
- cornstarch - 2 tablespoons
- canola or grapeseed oil - 2 tablespoons
- snow peas, halved - 3/4 pound
- yellow summer squash - 2, large
- green bell peppers, chopped - 1
- garlic gloves, minced - 3
- fresh ginger, grated - 3 tablespoons
- firm tofu, cut into medium-large cubes - 12 ounces
- soy sauce - 1/2 cup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare noodles according to directions, drain, and set aside.
- While noodles are cooking, drain tofu from package, and press out excess water using a paper towel. Cut into medium large cubes
- In a small bowl, whisk together stock, soy sauce, and cornstarch.
- In a large skillet, saute vegetables, garlic, and ginger in oil for about 5 minutes on low to medium heat.. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add tofu and cook for another 3 minutes, gently stirring to coat with other ingredients.
- Give cornstarch mixture a quick re-whisk, and add to skillet. Gently toss with other ingredients in skillet.
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes, until sauce bubbles and becomes thick.
- Toss mixture with pasta and enjoy!